Yea. Am I the only one that thought someone was saying “real mower” and not “reel mower”? My cheeks were on FIRE when the hubby and I were googling these things. And it is so obvious that is it reel and not real once it’s pointed out that it is in fact reel. But I always thought people were saying “Hey, we have a real mower.” You know, they have a real mower not a gas powered one. ::sigh:: Anyway!
We went with the Fiskars 6201 18-Inch 5-Blade Momentum Push Reel Lawn Mower. That’s a mouthful, eh? We looked seriously at two other brands until we came across this one. Scott and Brill are the other two manufacturers we were looking at. The Brill looked like it would be a good one, but the reviews weren’t very promising. The Scott didn’t look like a crazy cool one but the reviews weren’t too shabby. Then we found the Fiskars mower. It looks insanely cool for a reel mower and, while there aren’t a ton of reviews, they were mostly really positive.
I’ll post a review after we have tried it out for a bit. Here is a quickie breakdown from Amazon:
What Makes the Momentum Reel Mower Special?
The Momentum reel mower has improved efficiency and effectiveness over other reel mowers due to:
- Superior Blade Technology: Triple-ground blades retain sharp edges longer by cutting grass without the steel-on-steel contact that dulls standard reel mowers blades.
- 2X More Cutting Power: Large-diameter cutting reel with thick blades delivers twice the energy to power through small twigs, weeds or dense grass that would jam other reel mowers.
- Closest Side Edging: Forward reel position edges three times closer than other reel mowers and never leaves uncut strips under the wheels.
- Mess-free Operation: Unique grass discharge chute throws clippings forward cleanly, away from the user.
The Momentum reel mower is easier to use than other reel mowers due to:
- StaySharp Cutting System: This unique system is precision-engineered to cut grass without the blades touching, greatly reducing friction and blade wear, delivering long-lasting performance without the cost and inconvenience of annual blade sharpening.
- 40% Easier Pushing: The advanced technologies of the Momentum reel mower combine to reduce push force by 40% compared to traditional reel mowers.
- Superior Ergonomics: One-touch cut height adjustment system and a padded, height-adjustable handle make the Momentum reel mower easier and more comfortable to use.
The Momentum reel mower is more versatile than other reel mowers due to:
- Greatest Cutting Range (1 inch to 4 inches): Superior blade positioning delivers the greatest cut range of any reel mower with cut height settings from 1 inch to 4 inches.
- Ability to Cut All Types of Grass: Though most reel mowers struggle when cutting some types of grasses–especially tough southern varieties–the advanced technologies of the Momentum reel mower combine to cut all common residential grasses.